Come Give Us a Try
Welcome to Ashford Rugby Club Under 11′s Vikings (2019/20)
(School Year 7)
The new Rugby season and Registration starts on the 1st September 2018 at 09:30 or on line
New players need to complete both an RFU Registration and an Ashford RFC registration form, returning players only need to complete the ARFC registration. These forms can be obtained at the club house, online or by talking to coaching staff.
The Under 11’s will be playing games and concentrating in drills around contact Rugby, being taught how to tackle and be tackled and the start of scrummaging, rucks and mauls. Because of this contact, a gum shield is an essential item of equipment. These can be purchased in the club house from behind the bar or in the club shop. Also, they can be purchased at sports shops and online. No gum shield, no contact! New players will be given some one on one training time with a coach to ensure they gain a standard to keep their wellbeing and safety at the very top of our priorities. Our aim is to teach the young players how to play rugby as safely as possible whilst instilling the core RFU principals of:
Teamwork – Respect – Enjoyment – Discipline – Sportsmanship
We can be found between the 1st and 4th team pitches and fly the Vikings flag.
We like players to arrive at 09:45 for a 10:00 start. We train for 2 Hours (weather permitting) with mixed drills with rugby centred games in order to build the core skills. We try to keep sessions fast paced, active and most importantly FUN.
To participate with training and games, players should have the correct kit:
- Rugby Shirts
- Shorts (Joggers and top when the weather is cold)
- Studded boots.
- Sports gloves (not woollen)
- Gum shields, a must for the protection of adult teeth.
- Players should come with a bottle of water and maybe a quick snack.
Players kit can be purchased from the club shop located to the right of the bar in the club house.
We are a friendly group, and all our coaching staff are approachable. We all have children who play the game for the club at various age groups. The coaches meet in the club house after training and welcome any parents who wish to join us.
All coaching staff hold current DBS certificates.
Child Protection and GDPR
- To enforce our child responsibilities, the U11’s Vikings Facebook page is only accessible to parents or legal guardians of ARFC registered players. Parents are asked NOT to share any images where other children’s faces can be identified on Facebook or other social networks without the expressed permission of all other parents involved.
- The U11′s have the added assistance of four parents who perform the role of “safeguarding officers” on behalf of the club with an RFU backed accreditation. They attend training to oversee and ensure that the best practice standards are adhered to.
- All parents at this age group are required to attend the training sessions, in case they are needed.
- What we do with your data, all information supplied by you with your consent on the ARFC registration form is kept for that season only and is not shared with any other organisations outside of the RFU and ARFC. A full terms and conditions is listed on the ARFC web site.