Under 10’s (The Vikings)
Under 10’s Vikings
Come Give Us a Try
Welcome to Ashford Rugby Club Under 9′s Vikings (2018/19)
(School Year 5)
The new Rugby season and Registration starts on the 2nd September 2018 at 09:30
New players need to complete both an RFU Registration and an Ashford RFC registration form, returning players only need to complete the ARFC registration. These forms can be obtained at the club house, online or by talking to coaching staff.
The Under 10’s will be playing games and concentrating in drills around contact Rugby, being taught how to tackle and be tackled and the start of scrummaging, rucks and mauls. Because of this contact, a gum shield is an essential item of equipment. These can be purchased in the club house from behind the bar or in the club shop. Also, they can be purchased at sports shops and online. No gum shield, no contact! New players will be given some one on one training time with a coach to ensure they gain a standard to keep their wellbeing and safety at the very top of our priorities. Our aim is to teach the young players how to play rugby as safely as possible whilst instilling the core RFU principals of:
Teamwork – Respect – Enjoyment – Discipline – Sportsmanship
We can be found between the 2nd and 4th team pitches and fly the Vikings flag.
We like players to arrive at 09:45 for a 10:00 start. We train for 2 Hours (weather permitting) with mixed drills with rugby centred games in order to build the core skills. We try to keep sessions fast paced, active and most importantly FUN.
To participate with training and games, players should have the correct kit:
- Rugby Shirts
- Shorts (Joggers and top when the weather is cold)
- Studded boots.
- Sports gloves (not woollen)
- Gum shields, a must for the protection of adult teeth.
- Players should come with a bottle of water and maybe a quick snack.
Players kit can be purchased from the club shop located to the right of the bar in the club house.
We are a friendly group, and all our coaching staff are approachable. We all have children who play the game for the club at various age groups. The coaches meet in the club house after training and welcome any parents who wish to join us.
Meet the Coaching Staff
John, Ian Tom and Neil are RFU Level 2’s
Si (who are also RFU Safeguarding Officers DBS Certified) – Steve – Paul W – Paul C – Amanda
All coaching staff hold current DBS certificates.
Child Protection and GDPR
- To enforce our child responsibilities, the U10’s Vikings Facebook page is only accessible to parents or legal guardians of ARFC registered players. Parents are asked NOT to share any images where other children’s faces can be identified on Facebook or other social networks without the expressed permission of all other parents involved.
- The U10′s have the added assistance of four parents who perform the role of “safeguarding officers” on behalf of the club with an RFU backed accreditation. They attend training to oversee and ensure that the best practice standards are adhered to.
- All parents at this age group are required to attend the training sessions, in case they are needed.
- What we do with your data, all information supplied by you with your consent on the ARFC registration form is kept for that season only and is not shared with any other organisations outside of the RFU and ARFC. A full terms and conditions is listed on the ARFC web site.
|02/09/2018 – Registration Day and Training|
|09/09/2018 – Training|
|16/09/2018 – Training|
|23/09/2018 – Training|
|30/09/2018 – Training|
|07/10/2018 – Canterbury (Home)|
|14/10/2018 – East Kent Festival – Folkestone|
|21/10/2018 – Training|
|28/10/2018 – Training|
|04/11/2018 – Canterbury Festival|
|11/11/2018 – Medway (Away) Remembrance Day 100 years|
|18/11/2018 – Maidstone (Away)|
|25/11/2018 – Folkestone (Away)|
|02/12/2018 – Training|
|09/12/2018 – Deal & Bettshanger (Home)|
|16/12/2018 – Thanet (Away)|
|23/12/2018 – Christmas Parties (Individual age groups to arrange)|
|30/12/2018 – New Years Eve (Individual age groups to arrange)|
|06/01/2019 – Training|
|13/01/2019 – Medway (Home)|
|20/01/2019 – Maidstone (Home)|
|27/01/2019 – Canterbury (Away)|
|03/02/2019 – Sittingbourne (Away)|
|10/02/2019 – Ash + Whitstable (Home)|
|17/02/2019 – Training|
|24/02/2019 – Ash + Whitstable (Away Whitstable)|
|03/03/2019 – Folkestone (Home)|
|10/03/2019 – Deal (Away)|
|17/03/2019 – East Kent Festival – Canterbury|
|24/03/2019 – Training|
|31/03/2019 – Mothers Day (Individual age groups to arrange)|
|07/04/2019 – Ash + Whitstable (Away Ash)|
|14/04/2019 – Training|
|21/04/2019 – Sittingbourne (Home)|
|28/04/2019 – Thanet (Home)|
|05/05/2019 – Training|
|12/05/2019 – Training|
|19/05/2019 – End of season (Individual age groups to arrange)|